After the UK government recently announced a roadmap to the easing of restrictions and a route back to a more normal life, businesses up and down the country are tackling the issue of office cleanliness and carefully planning a return to the workplace. However, according to a recent OnePoll survey of 1000 employees who are currently working from home, 7 out of 10 would only feel comfortable returning to work if strict cleanliness rules were in place, with a quarter wanting their offices professionally cleaned daily to feel safe.
At Andron, we have created a 10-step approach towards a safe return to the workplace, designed to address the main concerns around workplace hygiene and help you remain COVID-secure.
Taking COVID to the cleaners
Andron’s 10-step approach detailed below, which combines data-driven insights with people, science, and technology, is designed to ensure that you are maintaining the highest level of cleaning and hygiene possible. In combination with the latest government advice and COVID-secure guidance, an effective cleaning and hygiene strategy will ensure you address the factors which can too often be overlooked, and safely plan a return to the workplace.
- A full revision of current cleaning procedures and the creation of optimised cleaning and hygiene schedules, taking into consideration key factors such as occupancy levels and daily building usage.
- Change cleaning times if out with core hours so that visitors and staff can see the cleaning being carried out. This improves perception and addresses any safety concerns around touchpoint cleanliness.
- Equipped with COVID-secure products, we analyse, identify, and prioritise touch point cleaning for high traffic areas throughout the day, such as door handles, push plates, lift buttons, handrails, and washrooms surfaces.
- Introduce sensor-driven technology to monitor building usage and ensure key areas are being cleaned when needed, rather than following a static schedule. This allows you to adapt the cleaning resource when necessary, in line with footfall levels.
- Carry out frequent ATP testing; a science-based cleaning verification method; to ensure spaces not only look clean but are clean. Results can be shared with staff to promote confidence.
- Ensure signs are displayed when washrooms are being cleaned and timetables are visible to indicate when the next clean will take place.
- Introduce personal sanitation stations for your employees to clean their workstations and promote hand hygiene. This can include PPE such as face masks to wear during the working day.
- Introduce specialist decontamination services such as fogging, deep cleaning or UV treatments if required.
- Provide air purifiers to improve air quality, circulation, and flow.
- Work with you to ensure social distancing and limiting social movements. Our highly trained teams can help guide your people i.e. remind them to practice regular hand hygiene, ensure they maintain social distancing, and follow company and governmental health & safety guidelines.
A clean office is a happy office
For businesses opening their doors after months of inactivity, following Andron’s 10-step approach and adhering to COVID-secure guidelines is likely to make the return to work more efficient and provide your teams with the confidence that the safety of their workplace is paramount.
Alongside practicing social distancing and regular hand hygiene, ensuring the office is properly cleaned is vital and can have a major impact on the way people perform and interact. Implementing the right hygiene processes, including a thorough clean of all frequently touched surfaces, will ensure your employees feel safe, healthy, and empowered.
Find out more
Here at Andron, we like to practice what we preach, and we have already helped many of our clients return to their offices through our industry-leading Covid cleaning solutions. Find out more about how we can help you safely return to the office, by getting in touch today: Contact Us