Andron Facilities Management has been awarded a new five-year national contract with JLL PAM UK, with an option to extend by a further two years.
The contract, which was awarded following a competitive tender process, will see Andron deliver daily cleaning, window cleaning, washroom services, pest control and other support services to a portfolio of 141 sites, including multi-let offices, shopping centres, retail parks, industrial estates, and business parks. In total, over 500 Andron employees will provide the services across Scotland, The North of England and London.
Andron has worked as a trusted service partner for JLL for over seven years, already delivering services to 134 of the 141 sites – 85 of which are based within The City of London. As part of the tender process, Andron carried out a full review of all sites to devise new, innovative operational models built around efficiency, value for money, and sustainability. Some of the key highlights include:
- All staff are now paid the real Living Wage and London Living Wage to benefit staff wellbeing, motivation, and retention
- Full transition to 100% chemical-free cleaning products, saving approximately 13,400L of chemicals
- Installation of data-driven technology across several sites to empower staff to act on real-time information to work more efficiently, eliminate unnecessary work, and ensure an even higher quality of cleaning
- New, sustainable uniforms made from 100% recycled materials, to replace all end-of-life uniforms. The old uniform was collected, shredded, and turned back into yarn to be reused
- Replaced all end-of-life equipment with energy-efficient alternatives. Again, all old equipment was collected by our supply partner and recycled for reuse
- Removal of shrink-wrapped consumable products from across the portfolio
- Introduction of a school and college programme across the 3 regions to support disadvantaged young people towards a career in facilities management
Cheryl Stewart, Director at Andron FM commented:
“Our knowledge and understanding of JLL and their key drivers will allow us to work collaboratively to achieve the JLL PAM vision over the next 5 years. Our joint commitment to creating safe, sustainable and customer-centric spaces will ensure we continue to improve the workplace experience for our clients and provide healthy, thriving places for people to work. Furthermore, both Andron and JLL are committed to achieving net zero and we look forward to continuing our journey towards this goal and implementing initiatives that reduce our carbon consumption and our wider impact on the planet.”