In 2015, Andron was awarded a 3-year contract to provide soft services for 178 of JLL’s UK-based sites. Since then we have not only been awarded a 2-year extension on this contract but have also been awarded a JLL London portfolio, containing 90 sites in a 1 square mile radius.
We are proud of the hard work put in by our staff across the portfolio, even more so when considering the praise received from JLL on both a site-based and contract-wide basis. As a result, we were awarded the JLL Service Excellence Award in 2018.
When Andron was awarded this contract early 2015, there were many challenges that we faced throughout the contract mobilisation mainly due to the size and the geographics of this contract, for example:
- Finalising the scope for each of the 178 sites which each had 7 or 8 service lines involved a lot of organisation and strong communication amongst the relevant stakeholders.
- Contacting all of the JLL Facilities Managers across the UK and arranging meetings with each of them, in addition to organising visits for all of the sites and engaging with the entire supply chain.
- As the final specification differed, re-pricing the portfolio was a challenge in itself.
- Engaging with 25 outgoing contractors for TUPE consultations whilst trying to maintain as much transfer ease as possible was a challenge for all stakeholders involved and required a strong level of communication.
- The quantity of equipment that was required for this mobilisation was huge, posing as a great challenge to ensure that each site had the exact requirements in time for the contract commencing.
The sheer geographics of the mobilisation impacted on all of the above challenges as we had to ensure we had coverage geographically from Aberdeen in the North to Stoke in the south.
We were able to overcome the above challenges due to our extensive experience in managing the mobilisation of new contracts and our strong track record in transitioning new contracts. Our achievement is due to the degree of resources afforded to transition projects and our standard mobilisation toolkit. Strong communication between all stakeholders and fostering the spirit of one team, one brand approach are vital in order to emphasise the collective effort during this critical stage.
We also regularly held conference calls with all relevant stakeholders and tracked the stages of the mobilisation, ensuring each task was completed to the agreed deadline.
The consultation and transfer were completed within 4 weeks resulting in 164 out of 168 personnel transferred – a transfer rate of 97.6%. The high staff retention rate played an integral part in maintaining service standards throughout the initial stages of the contract. Following the delivery of the training identified within individual training plans, cultural integration and the input from our operational management teams we brought consistency and tangible improvements in service delivery across all locations.
Following a successful mobilisation which allowed us to achieve a fully compliant service from day one, we have been able to continually meet all of JLL’s expectations whilst going above and beyond by offering continual value addition and innovation schemes across the regions.
Because of this success, we were awarded a further 2-year extension with the JLL contract, as well as being awarded a London portfolio containing 90 sites. Finally, in 2018 we were awarded the JLL Service Excellence award for the work we have achieved alongside JLL. We look forward to continuing our offering to JLL, constantly looking for ways to save client money and value, all whilst refusing to compromise on the highest level of service.