We are pleased to announce that we have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter as part of our commitment to race equality within Andron. The Charter aims to eliminate barriers in the workplace and outlines the following steps organisations should take to champion BAME recruitment and progression:
- Appointing an Executive Sponsor for race
- Capturing data and publicising progress
- Ensuring zero tolerance of harassment and bullying
- Making equality in the workplace the responsibility of all leaders and managers
- Taking action that supports ethnic minority career progression
Discrimination has no place within Andron, and we aim to create a strong workforce by attracting and nurturing talent, encouraging innovation, and supporting collaboration. We have worked tirelessly to foster an environment which celebrates our diversity and differences, and we believe signing up to the charter is the next important step on this journey.
Over the coming months, we will be setting out our approach to these 5 principles as part of our long-term CSR strategy, and look forward to providing further updates.